Aus DL8RDS Wiki
The desire to do some more digital experiments led me to the decision to purchase a used Kenwood TS-450SAT. The TRX has some core features which I intend to use intensively:
- Compared to my Kenwood TS-930SAT it has an IF of 455 KHz, which facilitates DRM reception considerably.
- It is also possible to grab an IF through the rear panel DSP socket.
- All functions can be remote controlled. Since I seldomly have the time to travel 150 km to my shack, I have long thought about setting up my station in Burglengenfeld but controlling it over the internet. This ideal situation has now come a lot closer.
- It is a 12V device. I now have the opportunity to operate mobile.
- Not a feature of the TS-450, but I also own the Kenwood PS-33 which makes it into a line.
Here's the eHAM review site on this device:
- http://www.coolweb.ws/Ham Radio/Downloads/Kenwood TS-450S Memory Battery Replacement.pdf also on battery replacement
- http://www.qsl.net/ve2wnf/ts-450.html A Soundcard Interface that works with the TS-450