Video Streaming DB0MHB
DB0MHB is a nearby ATV station. I would like to stream the analog TV signals to the internet. This is a link and knowledge collection so that I may one day start to do that...
- http://wiki.openwrt.org/GO7007 Yes, it's possible to do that with OpenWRT devices
- http://colabti.org/convertx/ This seems to be suitable hardware: Plextor ConvertX PX-TV402U
- http://www.videohelp.com/capturecards/plextor-convertx-pvr-px-tv402u/502 Some more details on this device
- http://www.linux.com/feature/46113 Article on this device on Linux.com
- http://www.videohelp.com/capturecards Overview of capture devices
First of all, this is all about a device that is meant to run permanently. So it's vital to spend some thoughts on power efficiency. I decided to buy an INTEL ATOM based Mini-ITX computer.
2 Operating System
Linux. What else. Forget all that weird virus Windoze stuff.
3 Streaming Application
- The linux box will get the frames from the framegrabber hardware, turn them into a stream and make them available on one single stream.
- Then my box in the data center with the big 1 Gigabit/s flatrate will connect the stream and make it available to the general public.